The course combines theoretical concepts with demonstrations and
hands-on exercises to teach the essential concepts for designing useful and
effective visualizations You will be able to look in depth at the different
visualizations, discuss their propose, and select the appropriate one for your
data and the type of questions you need to answer.
Throughout this course, with hands-on activities and challenges, you will learn Power BI data modeling and designer skills to build insight-driven, self-service applications. You will learn step-by-step to build a Power BI report from scratch with visualization best practices.
The first part of this course includes topics dealing with data connections, cleaning, manipulating, and transforming, resolving data model issues in Power BI Desktop. Nowadays, Power BI is not only a powerful BI visualization tool, but it is also can be observed as ETL (Extract Transform and Load) solution, and it allows us to connect data from any kind of different sources, link them together, create metrics and optimize data structure. In process of creating a visualization, you will learn how to use columns from the data model in process of creating charts, but also to create and use DAX dimensions and measures.
During this workshop you will learn how to:
- Build Power BI reports and dashboards
- Look in depth at the different visualizations available in Power BI and learn how to select the appropriate visualization/s to answer your data questions
- Identify data types and explain how they are interpreted as visualizations
- Create a data model and M language usage
- Create and maintain data connections
- Resolve data structure issues and errors
- Add dimensions and measures via DAX
- Design and create visualizations, based on user-centered workflows, for others to use
- Discuss concepts of data visualization and how they are implemented in Power BI
- Identify best practices for visualization design
- Responsive design and customization for mobile application
- Publishing reports and apps, and sharing them with others
- Date: 3-day, 7.6.2023. - 9.6.2023.
- Duration: 09:00 - 17:00h (1 hour lunch break)
- Location: Online, Microsoft Teams Application
- Target audience: Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Data architects, Data Engineers, Business Intelligence and Reporting Professionals
- Price: This course is not free. For more information on the course price, contact us at the following email: email@example.com.
If you have any questions about the workshop, please don't hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org.