The course combines theoretical concepts with demonstrations and hands-on
exercises to teach the essential concepts for designing useful and effective Power
Bi reporting application.
Throughout this one-day course, with hands-on activities and challenges, you will learn basic concepts of Power BI data modeling and designer skills. You will learn step-by-step how to create a Power BI report from scratch with visualization best practices. At the beginning of this course, we will work with raw data and explore how to create data connections, how to clean and transform source data, and how to tackle data modeling issues in Power BI Desktop.After data model creation, we will discuss the process of creating visualization and review the principles of human perception concerning different available visualizations in Power BI. You will be able to create the visualization, discuss their propose, and select the appropriate one for your data and the type of questions you need to answer, and share the application with other users.
During this workshop you will learn how to:
- Build Power BI reports and dashboards
- Analyze different visualizations available in Power BI and learn how to select the appropriate visualization/s to answer your data questions
- Identify data types and explain how they are interpreted as visualizations
- Create a data model, load data, and connect tables in reporting data model
- Add dimensions and measures via DAX
- Discuss concepts of data visualization and how they are implemented in Power BI
- Identify best practices for visualization design
- Responsive design and customization for mobile application
- Publishing reports and apps and sharing them with others
- Date: 1 day, 09.12.2022.
- Duration: 09:00 - 17:00h (1 hour lunch break)
- Location: Online, Microsoft Teams Application
- Target audience: Business Analysts, Data Analysts, Data Engineers, Business Intelligence and Reporting Professionals
- Price: This course is not free. For more information on the course price, contact us at the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the workshop, please don't hesitate to contact us: email@example.com.